Jobs at Bidgely!
Consultant / Solution Architect
What can Artificial Intelligence do to reinvent the energy industry? This is your opportunity to join a world-class team and help us figure that out.
A growth-phase start-up headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Bidgely is transforming the way utility customers use energy. By combining the power of machine learning and behavioral insights, Bidgely provides a suite of enterprise solutions that help customers save energy and enable utilities to build enduring customer relationships worldwide.
It’s an exciting time in the company’s evolution. We just closed our Series C fund, have acquired some of the biggest names in the industry as customers, and we’re breaking ground on new products and markets. In addition to our headquarters in Mountain View, we have a global presence in Europe, India, and Asia Pacific.
We are currently seeking a top-notch Consultant / Solution Architect with a strong technical background and high aptitude for customer interactions, who will be responsible for program design and implementation of our utility projects. You could come from technical consulting industry serving different clients in your career or you could come from a classic product company and have strong technical background but a desire to move into business focused customer facing roles. You would need to understand customer requirements, fit Bidgely solutions into customer requirements, perform business related models to make the projects cost effective, present to customers routinely, internally drive the teams to deliver the solution, and many other tasks that would need a solid combination of technical and customer facing conversation and presentation skills.
- Work with sales and solution teams to build a solution that works for each customer opportunity
- Be the product, technology and data science expert for what Bidgely products and technology can do for the customers
- Design Energy Efficiency programs that are cost effective
- Identify and monitor KPIs and program performance across Bidgely’s portfolio of behavioral programs
- Have good knowledge of behavioral design techniques such as RCT or MCG and how it applies to behavioral programs
- Work with different stakeholder groups to measure ongoing performance on a monthly basis and identify areas of improvement
- Liaise with Measurement & Verification providers to support 3rd party validation
- Work closely with our data science team to help set up savings calculations for every program
- Work with a cross functional group (product managers, customer success) to review program performance and identify improvements
- Provide both functional and technical deliverables (kickoff decks, EE Program Plans, M&V plans, Application/Data Integration Specifications, Product Specifications, etc.)
- Opportunity to expand into broader areas focused on solution architecture based on interest and aptitude
- Possess a BS/MS in Computer Science/EE or equivalent from premier institutes and universities
- Has been in technical engineering roles to understand the tenants of technology like cloud, mobile apps, programming language stacks, software architecture, software coding
- Should be able to talk to engineering, product managers, and customers all in their language
- Strong customer facing skills with ability to work with diverse business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to deliver quick solutions in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical issues clearly to non-technical users.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and time zones with strong interpersonal skills.
- 5 years of proven expertise in developing and driving behavioral programs or similar functional programs
- Strong knowledge of statistical modeling and economics is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of working in energy or utility industry is a plus
- Knowledge of any behavior science modeling, Randomized Control treatment methods to measure benefits of controlled experiments is a big plus
- MBA degree or any other business education is a plus
- Ability to work in our Mountain View, CA office and travel to customer offices approximately 10% of the time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.