Jobs at Bidgely!
Sales Development Rep (SDR), North America
What can Artificial Intelligence do to reinvent the energy industry? This is your opportunity to join a world-class team and help us figure that out.
A growth-phase start-up headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Bidgely is transforming the way utility customers use energy. By combining the power of machine learning and behavioral insights, Bidgely provides a suite of enterprise solutions that help customers save energy and enable utilities to build enduring customer relationships worldwide.
It’s an exciting time in the company’s evolution. We just closed our Series C fund, have acquired some of the biggest names in the industry as customers, and we’re breaking ground on new products and markets. In addition to our headquarters in Mountain View, we have a global presence in Europe, India, and Asia Pacific.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for uncovering opportunities from target accounts, Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and outbound efforts, closing prospects for discovery meetings that lead to opportunities.
Reporting to the VP of Sales North America, the SDR is often the first contact for many Bidgely prospects via inbound and outbound calls and emails. The SDR qualifies prospects, uncovers business challenges and develops quality leads for Bidgely’s account teams.
At the front end of the process the SDR is responsible for identifying sales targets in their assigned territory then passing the target to the appropriate account team. The SDR role is a development position for a person aspiring for advancement in a sales organization.
- Uncover prospect’s business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities
- Execute timely follow up on Marketing Qualified Leads, inbound website & phone inquiries, educating prospects on Bidgely’s value proposition.
- Research targeted accounts, identify key players, generate interest and close for a discovery meeting with the account team
- Utilize Salesforce.com to update lead scoring and document activities to ensure efficient lead management
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Bidgely solutions, industry trends and competition.
- Consistently achieve performance goals, individually and as a team.
- BS/BA is strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of success generating leads and qualifying potential customers for a software company is preferred
- Proficient with corporate productivity tools (Google Suite, SFDC)
- Prior successful sales / lead qualification experience a plus
- Insatiable curiosity, want to know & understand how things work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills
- Excellent active listening skills; ability to identifying the underlying business challenges
- Attention to detail, capturing requirements, and communicating the business challenges of our prospects
- Not afraid to ask questions until a thorough understanding is achieved.
- Creative, forward thinking, entrepreneurial spirit; runs territory as their own business
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up at multiple executive levels within an organization
- Can retell a customer story and extract business points out of it
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to experiment with creative approach
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.